Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sun 11-Mar-07: Ode to Joy

Ode to Joy


This is written to the one I love,
This is for the one whose days I share.

Once upon a time, I was too stupid to know
What I needed to do, what was needed to show.

But over the years, you've taught me
How to see; and how to be.

What can I say that can help ease the pain
of growing another year wiser, yet ever still older.

Except to say, that through the years, you can still
Laugh and giggle at me and say "you're still older then me, hee hee".

Interestingly, are recent contents of our home's mailbox
Seems now, we're listed as interested in retirement property.

Our kids? One's gone and older then dirt at twenty-two.
The other? We want to sell, dirt cheap!

'tis never-ending tsuris and pain
But together, we've been able to avoid the rain.

Is it time to quit?
Or are we just so old, that we have to stop, and sit?

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,
From an Old fool, to my happy dearest.

No comments: