Monday, March 12, 2007

Mon 12-Mar-07: Ronnie Rules

Ronnie Rules
I grew up with Ronnie Spector and the Ronettes.
Tonight, they are inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.

So won't you please, Be my, be my baby.
Be my little baby, My one and only baby

Say you'll be my darling, Be my, be my baby
Be my baby now, My one and only baby.

Twas a difficult life, finally marrying Phil Spector in 1968,
Yet, like in life, breaking up was hard to do,
but they knew, that they were thru

Some say, that this is the end, but we really know
That this is just a new beginning

Now Ronnie has her life, as a wife, mom, and now
The acknowledgment that it was her, and not only Phil.

Her Ex is STILL a genius, however, now we know
That bi-polar disorder can disrupt and even kill.

Or in Phil's case, he killed,
and needs to be caged.

It's a thrill, to see Ronnie Rule
especially since Ronnie has full control this time.

Finally, her material, arrangements, and even production are hers.
Not some lunatic on trial for murder.