Monday, December 11, 2006

Monday, December 11, 2006 Attention, Attention

Attention: Attention. Attention Deficit Disorder.
Simple words. A.D.D.
Yet, very complex thoughts.

Is our entire world afflicted with A.D.D?
Many teachers see kids who are easily distracted.

But. Is it "Real? Or is it Memorex??"
Or more accurately.

If I had a hammer,
I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening
All over this world.

I'd hammer at danger.
I'd hammer at justice.
I'd hammer at the wars between my brothers and my sisters,

Oh, Everything would look like a nail.
If only I had a hammer.

But, if I had a class to teach,
I'd look at the kids as distractions,
Oh simple yet, destructive, ruining my class.

I'd want to medicate,
I'd want to sus-pe-end

I'd want to tell the parents
Their little one was afflicted
And tell them to get rit-a-lin

But if I stop and think.
I'd see there's a prob-leee-men
Too much drugs,
destroys our children,

And in the end, we need the kids to learn
That they weren't the first to be jumpy
They won't be the last to be jumpy
and, they just need to work to overcome the
jumpie jumpies.

No comments: